Info Tunes

TImeline and HR


Wait EP Timeline


Update: Wait EP is now on iTunes

Latest Article

Collaborating on a New Song

Over the past few months, I have had the pleasure of writing new music for a vocalist and lyricist I have not collaborated in years. Dave Gr...

end div


Sep 14, 2018

New Wait EP by Ants and Ostriches

A few friends encouraged me to put out an album. I thought this was a ridiculous idea at first. I do not have professional equipment, just a few guitars, a couple all purpose USB microphones and a basic MIDI controller.

Sure, I like to record as a hobby. I have loved playing guitar for years - but an album?

I have been blessed with opportunities to listen to local artists - enjoying brilliant songs with a sound quality unique to Minnesota... I got pushed (I mean encouraged) last month for the last time... Damn it - I don't have the money put into an album - and I detest playing in front of folks...

What the hell - I will do it on the cheap and see what happens. Also, how fast can I put this out?

Worldwide debut of Wait... October 2nd. What is an EP? Extended Play are collections of tunes bands typically put out between albums, or LPs (Long Play). EPs are bigger than a single, at just a few songs - but not big enough for a full album. Back in the day it related to space you could fit on an album.

My tunes are small, weird and wouldn't fill up a full LP.  I am not sure how many folks debut with an EP... to me it doesn't make too much sense. But again, what the hell.

I was sharing my progress with another good friend of mine. His family is in the music industry, at a small scale - they make guitars and his brother went to school for the business side of things. He said there are great musicians that would really appreciate how to create and distribute on a tight budgets. "Why don't you share what you are doing?" he said to me.

So - here is the first article... In the upcoming weeks I will journal my steps through this process. What works for me, and what hasn't...

Sorry to my friends that wanted an "album". It is almost an album. Which is one of the first things I learned in this process. Don't rush. "How fast can put this out?" is a question I first posed and is not a good question. If I would have taken a few more months - I would have probably had an LP.

No regrets though - Just going through the process and learning along the way.